Our latest release is jam-packed with new data and features! Because there's so much to describe, this news item will focus on the new genetic association datasets that are available, and a future news item will cover new features in the Common Metabolic Diseases Knowledge Portal (CMDKP) and its component disease-specific portals. The new release brings the CMDKP to a total of 286 datasets and 346 traits!
In our longest-established disease area, type 2 diabetes (T2D), we are proud to incorporate with this release pre-publication results from the NHLBI Trans-Omics for Precision Medicine program (TOPMed). Genetic associations from whole-genome sequencing results for T2D, fasting glucose, and fasting insulin are represented in the CMDKP, T1DKP, and T2DKP. Summary statistics from the WGS as well as rare variant BMI-adjusted score statistics have been integrated into the Portals. In addition to being incorporated into the bottom-line meta-analyzed associations seen throughout the Portals, these results are also available in GAIT, our custom aggregation test module (to be described in a future news item).
Coming from the T2D research community, but relevant to all of the CMDKP portals, is the new dataset AMP T2D-GENES quantitative trait exome sequence analysis. This dataset includes associations for 24 quantitative traits, generated by analysis of exome sequences from over 49,000 subjects of five different ancestries.
This release also includes several datasets relevant to our newest disease area, type 1 diabetes (T1D) and its complications:
- UCSD T1D GWAS meta-analysis, the largest-to-date T1D GWAS with nearly 500,000 subjects (Chiou et al. 2021, submitted).
- African ancestry T1D ImmunoChip, from Onengut-Gumuscu et al. 2019.
- Latent autoimmune diabetes in adults GWAS, the first GWAS for LADA, from Cousminer et al. 2018.
- a study of coronary artery disease in type 1 diabetics, CAD in type 1 diabetics GWAS, from Charmet et al. 2018.
- two GWAS for albuminuria in diabetics (both types 1 and 2): CKDGen albuminuria in diabetics GWAS (Teumer et al. 2016) and CKDGen GWAS - UACR in diabetics (Teumer et al. 2019).
We've loaded other new datasets of general interest for cardiometabolic disorders:
- Hematological traits trans-ethnic GWAS meta-analysis (Chen et al. 2020), with associations for 15 blood cell traits in nearly 750,000 subjects. Single-ancestry subsets are also available in the Portal for African American, East Asian, European, and Hispanic ancestries.
- UK Biobank urinary sodium and potassium excretion GWAS (Pazoki et al. 2019), with nearly 450,000 subjects.
- PGC major depressive disorder GWAS (Wray et al. 2019), with over 170,000 European-ancestry subjects.
- PGC bipolar disorder GWAS (Stahl et al. 2019), with over 50,000 European-ancestry subjects.
Also for the SDKP, we have provided summary statistic files from a study of breakfast skipping in nearly 200,000 UK Biobank subjects (Dashti et al. 2019) for download. This dataset will be integrated into the SDKP in the future.
We are always interested in hearing about new datasets that you would like to see represented in the Portals. Please contact us with your suggestions!